Buying a home? Now what?
Your first order of business is to find a REALTOR® to assist you in your search. Why?
When buying a home, your REALTOR® will:
- Find area properties that most closely fit your needs and desires
- Assist you in your selection process by providing objective information about each property
- Negotiate the price, financing, terms, date of possession and any items that require replacement or repair
- Refer you to lenders who are best qualified to help you understand all the different financing options available
- Advise you as to which inspections are recommended or required
- Assist you in locating qualified responsible professionals to complete the inspection process and provide you with written reports,
- Help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date
- Guide you through the entire process and make sure that everything flows together smoothly.
Selling your home? Now what?
Your first order of business is to find a REALTOR® to list your property. Why?
When selling a home, your REALTOR® will:
- Recommend any repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property
- Know what your property is worth and its ability to compete in the current marketplace
- Have all the facts on recently closed property information and new listings at their disposal
- Have the experience as they are constantly looking at property and know what buyers want and are willing to pay and because most agents work in the local area, they have a feel for the supply and demand in that particular area
- Give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace
- Advise you as to the price, financing, terms & condition of competing properties
- Know when, where and how to advertise your property
- Provide security so you do not have to allow strangers into your home as agents will generally prescreen and accompany prospects through your property
- Provide negotiating skills and objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position
- Help you resolve any problems or questions that may arise prior to closing
- Save you time and energy